- Download Mycelium Wallet from Google Play store, or from Mycelium.com.
- If you see the Backup Missing button when you start Mycelium, make sure to press it and follow the instructions to create a backup. When using a bitcoin wallet, make sure you create a backup before adding any funds to it. When you are done, make sure to Verify that it works. This is needed to be able to restore access to your coins, and to your Local Trader account.
- Click the button.
- On the screen with a list of offers, click the Change button at the top to change your location.
- Use either
Pick a seller near you with a good reputation, marked by a star rating of 1 to 5, and press Buy. You can highlight a seller to get more information, such as their location and notes.
Note the minimum and maximum amount the seller is willing to trade, shown in grey. Enter how much you wish to buy. The amount you enter will be red until it is within the seller’s accepted range.
Enter the captcha to prove you are a human.
You can use the chat function to communicate with the seller to agree on a meeting time and location. You can also tap on the chat window to see the seller’s details and profile. If you agree on the trade, including time, location, and price shown at the top, press Accept Offer. Otherwise press Stop Trade to quit the trade without a reputation penalty. If you accept the offer and then Abort the Trade later, you may be hit with a reputation penalty for not following through on your trade.
Meet your trader at the agreed upon time and location. You can continue to use the chat feature to help coordinate the meeting. Once you hand over the cash, the trader confirms receipt on their own wallet, and the transaction is initiated automatically.
You should see a confidence graph above the Accept Offer button, along with a message letting you know your bitcoins are on the way. Once the confidence graph reaches 99%, you are free to part, being fairly certain you will receive your bitcoins within the next mined block (though you can wait for a block anyway if you wish to be 100% sure).
- The keyboard button to type your city or address (Use city for more privacy). A good option is to specify the place where you want to meet (local cafe, bank foyer, etc).
- The GPS button to have your location found automatically (Your location will be intentionally imprecise to protect your privacy).
Note - You can close the trade chat window any time and get back to it by swiping to the Active Trades tab.